Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Wrestler

This movie was the last movie that I had to see in the theater. I think this was a mistake because I saw the trailer for this movie about 10 times. Not including what I saw on TV. I had really high hopes for this movie because the trailer was awesome and it was built up by one of my friends who then warned me after he saw it that I would be disappointed. Well I was. I was looking for an epic movie, one that I would walk out contemplating this movie for days. I've noticed that when I can immediately write a review, it probably is not that great of a movie. I don't think it is best picture worthy and I don't think that Mickey Rourke should win Best Actor. I don't really think there was much of a resolution to this movie. I'm okay with movies ending this way but I needed something else. I needed another scene or an extra scene before the last scene. I would probably see this movie again but it will definitely not be at the top of my Netflix when it comes out. Overall I give this movie a 2 out of 5.




2 comments:

A.C. said...

after sleeping on it...didn't think the movie was good at all. in fact, maybe the worst of them all for 09. cheers to bruce tho.

Michael said...

I think I liked it better than Gran Torino and Vicky Christina Barcelona but yes I didn't like it that much.