Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

This movie was nominated last year for Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay. It also won several Golden Globes. It is a beautifully filmed movie in mostly first person. It gives the unique perspective of a man who has locked-in syndrome where he can't move or speak but can only blink his eye. It is based on a true story where a man wrote an entire autobiography with this syndrome. When I did some more research, I found that the man's friends say that most of the movie is false but it is still a great film. I would definitely recommend in my mind it would come very close to winning Best Picture this year. I would probably give it a 4 out of 5. It won't be on the ratings because it was nominated last year.






(Thanks Josh for recommending it)

No comments: