Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vicky Christina Barcelona

I rented this movie to see Penelope Cruz because shes nominated for Best Supporting Actress this year. I was very impressed. Her character really stood out for me and made the movie. I also thought Javier Bardem was great because of the contrast with him in this movie and in No Country for Old Men which won Best Picture last year. The movie itself was just okay. Scarlett Johansson played the same roll as she plays in every movie which is basically someone promiscuous. The movie is about two girls who take a summer trip to Barcelona and meet a man (Javier Bardem) and they both fall in love with him. Penelope Cruz is Bardem's ex-wife who tries to kill herself so she has to live with Bardem and Johansson's character. Overall I give the movie a 2 out of 5.


No comments: