Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oscar Season is Beginning!!



Ten Best Picture Nominees! At first I thought this would water down the competition and we would get several movies that were not "Best Picture Quality." An interesting thing about this year's awards is that voters list their top 10 movies. In the past, they would just pick one movie and top vote gets the Oscar. This year is interesting because it is possible for a movie to get the most 1st place votes yet lose because another movie racked up in 2nd and 3rd place votes with a few 1st place votes mixed in. This add a whole new element to the Academy Awards and I'm really excited to start going to the theatre again!! There are several movies that I am really excited to see this year including, "Up in the Air," "Inglorious Bastards (I know I'm late on this one)", "The Hurt Locker," and "Avatar." I am seeing Avatar tonight in 3D. Normally I really hate 3D movies. Ashley and I saw Harry Potter in 3D a couple of years ago and I left with a headache. I have heard very good things about Avatar in 3D and can't wait to see it tonight. My review of Avatar will be up tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: