Wednesday, March 5, 2008

American Gangster

For some reason, I really like movies that are "based on a true story." I like watching the movie, and then going online and searching for them and reading all about the main character. If you like doing this too, American Gangster is a good start. This movie is very close to being true and there are plenty of interviews online from the stars of the movie and the actual characters. I think there were just too many good movies out this year for this to be nominated for best picture but I think it should gotten the nod over Atonement. Although that would have been four epic movies and a comedy and I guess the Academy needed a love story to throw in there. Denzel Washington is great as always and Russel Crowe's character is slightly boring but Denzel definitely makes up for it.




Overall, I liked this movie better than "Into the Wild" and "Michael Clayton." I give this movie a 4 out of 5.

No comments: